Lenses & Frames
We offer a wide range of precision corrective lenses and designer frames. Let us help you see better and look your best!
Finding the perfect form and function balance in eyewear can take time and effort. You want to look great and feel great but also see clearly. At Wilkinson Eye Center, we will help you find your perfect match from our large selection of precision lenses and designer frames.
Popular Frame Brands
We carry and prescribe many types of corrective lenses. Your doctor or eye care professional will assess your specific needs and help you select the best lenses for your eyes.
- Single-vision lenses. These lenses correct for one field of vision throughout the entire lens, such as nearsightedness, farsightedness, or astigmatism, providing the largest viewing area (compared to other lens types).
- Multifocal lenses. These lenses have multiple powers of vision built into a single lens. We offer several types of multifocal lenses, including bi-focal, tri-focal, progressives, and anti-fatigue.
- Plastic lenses. Almost all our lenses are made of plastic, though glass lenses are occasionally requested. Plastic lenses make your eyeglasses weigh significantly less. Most people prefer plastic lenses and find them very comfortable and sturdy.
- Specialty lenses for work and sports. We offer a variety of lenses to keep you safe while playing sports and on the job. These include sports glasses/goggles and safety glasses/goggles. These glasses and goggles are available in prescription and over-the-counter options.
Coatings & Treatments
Our corrective lenses can be further customized with specialty coatings and/or treatments. Some of the typical coatings and treatments we offer include:
- Photochromic or transitional treatments. When this treatment is activated by UV light (by going outside), the lenses automatically darken to protect your eyes. Once indoors, the lenses adjust back to completely untinted.
- Anti-glare coating. Also called anti-reflective coating, this treatment helps to shield your eyes from harsh glare and reflections.
- Scratch-resistant treatment. A clear coating that helps protect your lenses from annoying surface scratches and abrasions. Scratch-resistant coating is especially useful for children’s eyeglasses.
- UV-blocking treatment. This treatment protects against both UVA and UVB radiation, which is essential for eye health.
- Blue light filtering coating. If you work on or use screens a lot (computer, phone, tablet, etc.), these lenses filter out most blue light emitted by electronic devices and may help you sleep better.
- Custom-tinted lenses. Some lenses are tinted solely for style; however, tinted lenses can have a designated purpose, such as helping with migraine symptoms or for gaming.
- Sunglass lenses. All sunglass lenses are tinted to some degree. The tinting may be solid (across the entire lens) or shaded in a gradient fashion.
- Polarized lenses. Some sunglasses have polarized lenses, which makes colors more vibrant and helps to reduce glare further.
Other Types of Frames & Lenses
In addition to the large variety of corrective lenses available, we also carry many no-prescription-needed lenses, including:
- OTC (over-the-counter) reading glasses. No prescription is necessary. We offer many styles and magnifications from which to choose.
- OTC sunglasses. No prescription is necessary. We offer many styles, brands, and frame choices.
Need an Updated Prescription?
Do you need an updated prescription, or are you not sure if you need corrective lenses? In addition to offering a large selection of frames and lenses, our skilled clinicians also provide comprehensive eye exams.